Wednesday, April 21, 2010

And if there's anything good about me...


...I'm the only one who knows.

In other news, the White Stripes are still awesome. I've sort of rediscovered them today. Some of those songs can bring back such vivid memories and feelings. It was almost a bit overwhelming today. They made me think of places, times in my past, family, friends that are long gone. Needless to say, I was in a bit of a melancholy mood today.

I've reconnected with some old friends recently. And I mean old, like fifth grade old. And naturally, I can't stop thinking of the past now. Looking back, they were some good times. Sure there was bad stuff now and again, but the good definitely outweighs the bad. Compare that to how things are now, and well, it just makes me miss those days that much more.

And I just found out my friend at work lost her mom in the last few days which is super depressing because she was always really smiley and cheerful every time I saw her. I worry about this sort of thing a lot lately. My mom and dad aren't getting any younger. I gave my mom a hug the other day and I dread the day that I give her a final one.

Anyway.

That picture up there? That's me when I was a smart ass teenager. As opposed to the smart ass adult I grew into. That was during the mythical good times I spoke of above. The dude standing next to me is my brother David, the guy next to him is his friend Peter and in front of David is our sister, Patty. David was in the Navy when this picture was taken, he had come back to visit us on leave and he had driven up in a beautiful old Mustang that I eventually talked him into selling to me, which was awesome! But then it had an accident and caught fire before I could take it from him. C'est la vie. At least I got to drive it a few times and that is what sparked my love affair with Mustangs, something that continues to this very day.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day. And do yourself a favor. Hug someone you love, because you don't know when they'll be gone.

0 comments: